Barbu D'Uccles

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

CP

Re: Barbu D'Uccles

Post by CP » 19 Aug 2010, 10:31

I thought it had to be at least 5 generations to breed true, but I'm not sure either. :scratch:
It does sound like she's pulling a fast one though. You shouldn't get 3 different colours from 1 lot of 'pure breed' eggs, IMO. ;)
Happy in Hampshire!

"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world" - Nikola Tesla

"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts" - Nikki Giovanni

''The only thing of importance, when we depart, will be the traces of love we have left behind.'' - Albert Schweitzer

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." - George Washington

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within." - Cicero

tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by tweedy » 19 Aug 2010, 10:32

Not always gregg, other colours get used to create or improve another colour. Your gold brahmas is an established colour therefore breeds true.

Greggorio

Post by Greggorio » 19 Aug 2010, 11:43

haha you love to contradict me you awkward Dorset git :P

Anyway I concur with CP

tweedy
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by tweedy » 19 Aug 2010, 12:11

Less of the dorset........i'm a moonshiner (wiltshire) What i'm saying is the breed maybe pure but the colour isnt breeding true yet. Although i agree it does sound dodgy throwing 3 colours.

miller mills

Post by miller mills » 20 Aug 2010, 21:21

Thanks everyone, I emailed her again to point all this out. i think I may have a fight on my hands though! ](*,) Its a shame, most people I've bought eggs from have been really nice!