Silkies

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

ladyplumber

Re: Silkies

Post by ladyplumber » 18 Feb 2013, 10:56

Boy methinks :grin:
1 BlackRock 2 Speckledys 1 Black Brahma 3 Light Sussex 1 Auracana 1 (noisy) Silver Laced Wyandotte 4 Marans x Cream Legbar
4 Barnvelder x Cream Legbar 1 Blue Splash Orpington 2 Chocolate Orpington 5 Gold Laced Orpington

drfish
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Post by drfish » 18 Feb 2013, 13:08

Deffo boy I reckon. He's got the Grecian 2000 look. Could do with a slightly better side view though.
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.

Evenlode

Post by Evenlode » 25 Jan 2014, 08:43

Hi! I was wondering if there is someone selling silkies around Cheltenham/ Evesham/ Stratford on Avon/ Chipping Norton? I have been looking for some for ages. 2-3 hens colour unimportant. Willing to accept cockrel if coming with hens. Thanks

drfish
Location: Head in the clouds, on a high bit in Nottinghamshire

Post by drfish » 27 Jan 2014, 11:23

Have you tried bird-trader? Usually Silkies are not that hard to get hold of, they're popular with the 'cutesy wutesy' brigade (i.e. my missus :mrgreen: )
Giving power to politicians is like giving whiskey and car keys to a teenage boy - P. J. O'Rourke (thanks Jessie)

It's amazing that people can believe everything is predestined but they still look both ways when crossing the road - Stephen Hawking

1 Wife, 3 children, 1 Staffie Bitch (RIP Marley), 1 Chi-Chi, 1 Tuxedo Cat, 1 part Maine Coon cat, male bearded dragon, Horsefield Tortoise, 2 White Silkies, 1 Frizzle Pekin, 1 CLB, 1 Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cockerel, 1 blue laced Wyandotte, 3 Appenzeller x Wynadotte pullets, 1 Call drake, 3 khaki Campbell ducks, 4 (2 male 2 female?) Aylesbury x Campbells, a breeding colony of Dubia cockroaches.

And a lot of Ibuprofen.

airyfairy
Chick
Chick

Post by airyfairy » 03 Jan 2018, 11:17

Hi, I live in Bloxham, 10 miles from Chippy and I have a black hen and 3 cockerels that need a home if you are interested. I breed a few now and again.
Sauce (Rhode Island Red) - Pickle (Golden Silkie) - Basil (cockerel), Snowdrop and Daisy (White Silkies), plus Lucy Locket (JR Terrier), Louis Feruke (cat), Melody (American Quarter Horse) and Pye (Gypsy Cob pony)

MamaOwl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MamaOwl » 03 Jan 2018, 19:28

awww I'd love them but you're 9 months too early ... haha.. still renovating my forever home
Mum to 5, grandmother to 2, wife to 1