Orpington

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

Ex Moderator

Orpington

Post by Ex Moderator » 17 Sep 2005, 11:33

This thread for Orpingtons.

NannyP

Post by NannyP » 17 Sep 2005, 17:19

Blue Bantam Orpingtons

One Blue, one Black bantam Orpington chicks

Same two chicks several weeks older.

stephen
Dutch Bantam Cockerel
Dutch Bantam Cockerel

Post by stephen » 18 Sep 2005, 17:41

I love Julie's pics

And Knobbys

Stephen

TOMTT

Post by TOMTT » 20 Dec 2005, 13:31

Hello,

who else on the forum keeps this fantastic breed??,what coulers do we all keep??,where abouts do you live??

Many thanks Tom

Boxerchic

Post by Boxerchic » 20 Dec 2005, 17:15

Lovely birds :D

Clare.

Heather

Post by Heather » 20 Dec 2005, 17:25

I have 2 Orps Left - a buff and a Silver pencilled / laced (not sure which but she is very pretty :)

Live in West Sussex Image Image

mgf

Post by mgf » 03 Jan 2006, 02:50

Heather, I would would take them both and really like some buff orpintons but you are too far away.

www.ruleworks.co.uk/poultry/orpington.htm

Heather

Post by Heather » 03 Jan 2006, 09:44

Sorry but they are not on offer !

They are my babies :)

Attila The Hen

Post by Attila The Hen » 05 Jan 2006, 11:50

TOMTT wrote:Hello,

who else on the forum keeps this fantastic breed??,what coulers do we all keep??,where abouts do you live??

Many thanks Tom
I've got some... Buff, Blue, Black and Gold-laced.

Missing a Gold-laced cockerel, so will need to get some more hatching eggs in this year.

Attila

Heather

Post by Heather » 05 Jan 2006, 11:56

Hey Jon - have look in poultry Mart - Nellie was offering a Gold laced Cockerel I think , though you might be too far away she does journey around - might be worth a try ?

Attila The Hen

Post by Attila The Hen » 05 Jan 2006, 14:19

Heather wrote:Hey Jon - have look in poultry Mart - Nellie was offering a Gold laced Cockerel I think , though you might be too far away she does journey around - might be worth a try ?
Hi Heather,

Thanks for the thought! Sadly it's a Gold-laced Poland, so I think he might find my big fluffy ladies a bit of a handful!

Judging by the classifieds in the smallholding and poultry mags, Gold-laced Orps are getting slightly commoner, but they're still very few and far between. Quite high infant mortality I believe, which if so, suggests to me a fairly shallow gene pool.

Attila

Heather

Post by Heather » 05 Jan 2006, 18:40

Attila The Hen wrote:Hi Heather,

Thanks for the thought! Sadly it's a Gold-laced Poland, so I think he might find my big fluffy ladies a bit of a handful!
OOps - sorry 'bout that !!

Fangs

Post by Fangs » 05 Jan 2006, 22:55

no she does have a gold laced orp roo needing a home. or rather a boy whose gonig with her an d carrie to salisbury has 1 that needs a home.
Fangs

Attila The Hen

Post by Attila The Hen » 06 Jan 2006, 10:55

Fangs wrote:no she does have a gold laced orp roo needing a home. or rather a boy whose gonig with her an d carrie to salisbury has 1 that needs a home.
Fangs
Ah, thanks for that Fangs. I should have read the whole of the thread more carefully!

Next big question - how do we get a gold-laced orp roo up to Shetland? I've only bought stock here when I've been down in the south with a car / van, and I'm not planning any trips south in the near future (too expensive just for a roo :( )

Attila

Fangs

Post by Fangs » 06 Jan 2006, 17:18

yeh that is tricky..my answer is, i havent a clue :?
Fangs