Australorp?

One thread for each breed. Threads are started by a moderator - add information about each breed, and contact us to add another.

Moderator: Moderators

milkmaid
Welsummer Cockerel
Welsummer Cockerel

Re: Australorp?

Post by milkmaid » 10 Jun 2009, 06:32

do you sell hatching eggs ,i've been looking for something that takes my fancy and they look just the thing to run with my white dorking
suz
rose comb white dorking nut

chucklechuck

Post by chucklechuck » 14 Jun 2009, 13:42

@ Milkmaid Not had a chance to do a fertility check on them yet so no hatching eggs as yet.
@ Sandra I bought them at auction were not cheap but were not dear either. Very friendly birds. If they are fertile I will be selling two of the pullets on £35 the pair if you're interested?

colum

Post by colum » 23 Jul 2009, 15:15

Just found out that my bantams are fertile i gave some off my egg to a lady that was giving me her cocks to use as growers and she text me last night to say all the eggs were fertile and that they were growing well inside the eggs i also crossed a white leghorn with the cock to see what come and it fertile too. So fingers crossed

littlekh

Post by littlekh » 17 Mar 2010, 21:14

Hello!!

I am just looking into starting to keep chickens - I fancy 6 in my back garden in an eglu cube!! I want to have 2 birds of 3 different breeds. :help:

Having read everything I can on allsorts of breeds, I really want to have 2 black Australorps - but I am having major problems finding ANYONE!! who has them up her in the North!! I live in Manchester!!

I would really like to find someone closer than Norfolk!!!!! I have really trawled everything I can find on the internet!! Everything I find says how lovely they are, someone MUST have some!! Please!!! ](*,)

Does anyone know of anyone with Australorps anywhere in the North West???

Really hoping someone might have a contact!! :(

Karen xx

Jeanette
Chick
Chick

Post by Jeanette » 05 Apr 2010, 16:35

Hi can anyone help i am looking for some blue Australorp hatching eggs. I live in Guernsey so are unable to pick up any birds, thus the hatching eggs is my best option. Bantum or large fowel. I have welsummers already and want to extend. :help:

littlekh

Post by littlekh » 11 Apr 2010, 22:27

Hello Jeanette!

I have just received 6 Australorp eggs through the post but it took me ages to find anyone with the Australorp eggs!! Certainly none up here in the North of England!! More in Sussex and Devon but closer to you then me!!
Marie and Phil Handy, they are in Gloucestershire. I checked and they say it is fine to post their email on here. I'm assuming the eggs they have sent me are the black Australorps so I don't know if they have the blues or not?? but it's worth emailing them to ask! They reply pretty quickly!

aphandy@btinternet.com

Good luck!!
Karen

Jeanette
Chick
Chick

Post by Jeanette » 12 Apr 2010, 08:46

Hi thanks for the reply. Have also requested info on australorp eggs on the Practical Poultry forum. They have a list of people who supply hatching eggs (all sorts) on there i found 4 people including castle farm, mullberrymill and others all that supply the eggs and willing to post. Will hold on to the email address because if i need some more i would prefer to souce from a different flock. =D>

littlekh

Post by littlekh » 14 Apr 2010, 08:41

Hi,
Just thought I'd let you know that I ordered 6 eggs, one was really broken when they arrived, but all the rest went into the inci last Thursday, candled them last night and all 5 have the tiny little dark shadows that are moving!! So all are fertile... and so far, so good!!
Karen

littlekh

Post by littlekh » 01 Jun 2010, 23:32

Have I just chosen breeds that no one else owns?????? :grin: :-k

I only managed 2 out of the 5 eggs, but I now have 2 Australorp chicks 4 weeks old :grin: !! So far very inquisitive and friendly! Rosie & Darcie!!

Karen

Jeanette
Chick
Chick

Post by Jeanette » 02 Jun 2010, 08:07

Hi all i manage also to get hold of some eggs from cwmpenanna beautiful chicks but I only manage to hatch 2 as well. Tried another 6 eggs from a different supplier none turned out to be fertile. But in the same batch, but from a different supplier, i have some blue bantum australorp eggs due to hatch tomorrow out of 6, 5 candled fertile and the eggs seem to be wobbling well. Heres hoping for a good result. :)

littlekh

Post by littlekh » 03 Jun 2010, 19:37

Oooohhh Good Luck!!
It's so exciting watching them hatch!!! :grin:

My 2 are 5 weeks old now and at that really straggly stage with bits sticking out all over :grin: !! They have feathered up very differently so might have 1 hen 1 cock but i'll just have to wait and see a bit longer yet!! I can only keep hens! :(

Have Fun!!
Karen

trikelady

Post by trikelady » 03 Jun 2010, 23:56

I have a Bantam, she went broody and raised 4 Amrocks and 3 Marsh Daisy, now at 6 weeks and the little Bantam is laying again, nice size light brown eggs. Very friendly hen, also wonderful broody.Would have a few more of her. :grin:

Jeanette
Chick
Chick

Post by Jeanette » 05 Jun 2010, 11:40

Well the bantam blue australorps have hatched 5/6 not bad at all, but they have turned out to be 2 blue, 2 black and 1 ? white. when there feathers grow they may change colour. Never hatched bantums before but they are soooooo cute. My other 2 Australorps are now almost 3 weeks old, although there wing feathers are the same i pritty sure that i have a cock and hen, as one has its cone starting to grow already, with welsummers its normally a sure sign ( as well as the lack of the eyeline) that its a cock bird. Will obviously wait longer till im 100% sure. Great little birds, will be hoping to hatch some more very soon before we get too late in the season.

littlekh

Post by littlekh » 03 Jul 2010, 22:43

Hi agai
I'm really impressed with my Australorp chicks - they are really friendly and love to hop on my back or shoulders if I'm crouched down, they are 9 wweks old now and beginning to look like a hen and a cock on the comb and wattles front - anyone wanting a very friendly Australorp cockerel?? (Darcie seems like it might be Mr Darcie!!)

Karen

Sandra Hilton

Post by Sandra Hilton » 06 Jul 2010, 15:42

I have got Australorp Bant and they are really docile and easily trained I must say.

Sandra